Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where in the TT interview can we enter our Prior Year 5-digit self-select PIN?

Page 4 of the Federal Worksheet has an entry that begins with "Use the PIN that you signed last year’s tax return with," followed by fields for the Taxpayer's and Spouse's "Prior Year PIN."  On my Worksheet these fields are blank.  How can I input my (and my spouse's) Prior Year PINs in those fields?  I don't see a place to do so in the interview.  I'm hoping that inputting the correct PINs from last year will resolve my IND-032-04 problem.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

For assistance with Rejection Error IND-032-04,  please see How do I fix e-file reject IND-031-04 or IND-032-04?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks, but that's not the question I asked.  I've tried all of the TT suggestions, none worked.   If there's no way to enter our prior year 5-digit self-select PINs in the TT interview, it's fine to say so (though that does lead to the question of why those entries are on the Fed Worksheet). 

JulieS
Expert Alumni

The only place to enter the 2020 AGI is in the file section. Try this:

1. Sign in to your account and select Fix my return.
  2. On the Let's fix your returns and then refile screen, select Fix it now or Revisit.
  3. On the following screen, enter your 2020 AGI from your Form 1040, line 11. If you are not directed to the 2020 AGI screen, click on File. Keep going through the screens until you are asked for your 2020 AGI.
  4. On the next screen, confirm that the number is correct and select This is my 2020 AGI.
  5. On the Keep going to refile your return screen, select Continue to refile and follow the screens to resubmit your return.
  6. If you can't resolve this issue, you can select File by mail instead, to print your return as-is and mail it to the IRS.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks, but you're the second TT Employee Tax Expert to reply by telling me where I can enter prior year AGI info when I was asking where I can enter prior year PIN info.   Error code IND-032-04 says that either the spouse's prior year AGI or the spouse's prior year PIN in the Report Header doesn't match the relevant entry in the IRS database.   (The PIN referred to in error code IND-032-04 is the 5-digit self-select PIN, not the 6-digit IP PIN provided by the IRS.)  I've confirmed that the prior year AGI figures I input into TT are accurate (they match my 2021 IRS transcript), so now I'm trying to see whether the problem is with the PIN.  I don't see any entries in the TT interview or in any of the TT worksheets that show my (or my spouse's) prior year 5-digit self-select PIN, or that ask me to input my (or my spouse's) prior year 5-digit self-select PIN.   So what is the prior year PIN that TT is reporting to the IRS, where is it coming from, and how can I make sure that it is accurate?  

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Please see the TurboTax FAQ's below for help with your prior year Pin:

You may also try entering $0 for the AGI per the TurboTax FAQ article below:

How do I fix e-file reject IND-031-04 or IND-032-04?

@MoGuy

Thanks.  One of the statements in the "What is my Signature ID" post you linked to highlights my issue.  That statement says "We don't store your signature ID in your account and it's not on your printouts. Hopefully, you memorized it, wrote it down, or took a screenshot of it. If you forgot last year's signature ID, you'll need to provide your 2020 AGI for verification purposes.  You'll be able to use this year's signature ID to verify next year's return, so make sure you record it."  That makes perfect sense, but the problem is that I wasn't asked during this year's TurboTax interview what my (or my spouse's) prior year's signature ID PIN was.  Since TurboTax (per the quoted text) doesn't store my (or my spouse's) prior year PIN, and there's no place in this year's TurboTax interview for me to enter my (or my spouse's) prior year PIN, it sounds like our prior year PIN isn't being reported to the IRS in this year's Report Header.  Since prior year PIN is one of the two data points the IRS uses to confirm the taxpayer's identity (the other is prior year AGI), couldn't that be part of the problem?   Why wouldn't the TurboTax program ask me for our prior year PINs so they can include them in the Report Header that's submitted to the IRS with our return?  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies