Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Thanks.  One of the statements in the "What is my Signature ID" post you linked to highlights my issue.  That statement says "We don't store your signature ID in your account and it's not on your printouts. Hopefully, you memorized it, wrote it down, or took a screenshot of it. If you forgot last year's signature ID, you'll need to provide your 2020 AGI for verification purposes.  You'll be able to use this year's signature ID to verify next year's return, so make sure you record it."  That makes perfect sense, but the problem is that I wasn't asked during this year's TurboTax interview what my (or my spouse's) prior year's signature ID PIN was.  Since TurboTax (per the quoted text) doesn't store my (or my spouse's) prior year PIN, and there's no place in this year's TurboTax interview for me to enter my (or my spouse's) prior year PIN, it sounds like our prior year PIN isn't being reported to the IRS in this year's Report Header.  Since prior year PIN is one of the two data points the IRS uses to confirm the taxpayer's identity (the other is prior year AGI), couldn't that be part of the problem?   Why wouldn't the TurboTax program ask me for our prior year PINs so they can include them in the Report Header that's submitted to the IRS with our return?