Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Oregon 529

Oregon offers a tax credit for 529 plan contributions, but I do not see the place to input this in TurboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Oregon 529

Take a look at Oregon credits and taxes

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

Oregon 529

As you go through the Oregon return, look for the screen titled "Here's the income that Oregon handles differently".

On that page, there will be a section for Investments.  Click Start beside Oregon College & MFS 529 Savings Plan & ABLE Deposit Account Carryover to enter your information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Oregon 529

When I follow that instruction, it prompts "Enter your Oregon College and MFS 529 Savings Plan and/or ABLE account deposit carryforwards below." The tax credit should be from contributions in the 2020 year and is not a carryforward from 2019 as it specifies. I have not seen a location to enter my 2020 contributions to the 529 plan.

Oregon 529

Take a look at Oregon credits and taxes

Oregon 529

I accidentally entered my contributions for Oregon College 529 as carryover, and not as contributions. How do I delete/remove what I entered here in "Oregon College and MFS 529 Savings Plan and ABLE Account Deposit Carryover"
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Oregon 529

In the Oregon interview, you will come to a screen 'Here's the Income that Oregon Handles Differently'. 

Revisit to delete your entries for the Oregon 529 Carryover.

@JonMichael16 

Oregon 529

I am not using Turbo Tax Deluxe, so my options are different. See image. When I click on edit, there is no option to delete. ThanksOregon529.jpg

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

Oregon 529

When you click Edit beside the Oregon College and MFS 529 Savings Plan or ABLE account deposit carryforward just go through the screens as if you are entering a carryover amount.  Then when you see the number entered previously, delete it.  

Keep going through the Oregon return to the section titled Take a look at Oregon credits and taxes to enter your contributions.

@JonMichael16 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies