Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will I get a receipt mailed to me by the IRS when they receive my payment for taxes due?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Will I get a receipt mailed to me by the IRS when they receive my payment for taxes due?

No, IRS wont send any receipt for payment.  The charge on your card or the cancelled check are your receipt that the payment has been received by IRS.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Replies

No, IRS wont send any receipt for payment.  The charge on your card or the cancelled check are your receipt that the payment has been received by IRS.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
antross2018g
Returning Member

I paid my federal taxes using a cashier check how do I know the IRS received it?

Check online ...  https://www.irs.gov/payments/view-your-tax-account

OR... Check with MO company to see if it cleared.

OR ...Be happy when you don't get a bill from the IRS.

@antross2018g Next time you mail anything at all to the IRS use a mailing service that tracks it like certified mail or UPS. Then you will know they received it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

FYI ... the IRS is a couple of months behind in opening their mail  so it may take a while for the payment to process. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies