Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hatwhay
Returning Member

tax return 2022

CPP/QPP contributions or pensionable earnings have been entered incorrectly. Check the amounts entered on your T4; particularly boxes 10, 14, 16, 17, 26, and 28.

that's the message I got from my return when using TurboTax, I have double-checked my two T4 slips, and the numbers are all right. However, I noticed one of my T4 boxes 55, and 56 were empty. Is this the mistake my employer made?

1 Reply

tax return 2022

Employee's PPIP premiums – box 55

The amount reported is the total amount of Quebec Parental Insurance Plan (QPIP) premiums paid in the year. Employees who work in the province of Quebec pay QPIP premiums.

Box 56 - PPIP insurable earnings

The amount shown in box 56 is the provincial parental insurance plan (PPIP) insurable earnings that your employer used to calculate the amount of PPIP premiums that is shown in box 55.

If these boxes were supposed to have an amount in them, yes, you will need to go back to your employer so that they can fix your T-slip. 

If you are getting a warning and not an error message- once you made sure that all the amounts in the boxes were correct you can continue to file your return. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.