Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there somewhere I can send a complete email to Turbo Tax. I have a lengthy complaint.

I tried the online version for the first time this year and ultimately found that it does not appropriately handle the input dates for medical expenses. Despite putting in dates for a "twelve month period ending in the (tax) year", it defaulted to a calendar year basis and could not be resolved by support after more than two hours on the phone and four phone calls (two having been "disconnected"). I ultimately asked for and received a license key for the downloadable version of the software and proceeded as I have for many years as a Turbotax customer. I, of course, had to start the tax prep from scratch.

I asked for a supervisor to contact me regarding my experience and that has not year happened after almost three full days. I am very unsatisfied with my experience this year and want to be compensated for having spun my wheels for almost three hours with support and having to download and start my taxes over again. Intuit seems disinterested in resolving this. Very disappointed.

Is there somewhere I can send a complete email to Turbo Tax. I have a lengthy complaint.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with our phone support was less than optimal. 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

When entering a 12-month period for medical expenses, one common mistake many people make is entering the dates as November 23, 2022, to November 23, 2023. This will not work and it will automatically revert to January 1st, 2023 to December 31st, 2023. To avoid this issue, please enter the dates as November 23, 2022 to November 22, 2023. It is the difference of one day that will make all the difference.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

@TurboTaxBrenda 

That was definitely not the issue although also queried by phone support. Having spent over two hours with them trying to resolve this, it is clear that the software does not support a non-standard "year". I saw another suggestion somewhere that it needed to be the start of a calendar month of one year and the end of the calendar month in the tax year to be accepted. This is not true. For the record, I am a retired accountant of over three decades so I am familiar with the rules around this issue.

Having acquiesced and providing me with a license for a downloadable version of the software, I think it's pretty safe to assume that support had no solution and that the software is deficient. 

I note that you did not address my issue of not having been contacted by management.

I have reached out and was waiting for a response from them, and yes, they will be contacting you. 

Thank you for your patience in this matter. 

Thank you @TurboTaxBrenda 

I was contacted earlier this afternoon and am hopefully on the way to a refund for the deficient software. 

I have used turbo tax for many years. Last year I paid around $91. This year it was $207. When I phoned to say that I checked the wrong box and was charged over $100 too much I was told tough luck. There is no refund because you already paid. So I picked the upscale version by mistake and was charged for it even though I didn't use any of the upscale features and my response from costumer service is "too bad so sad sucks to be you". Then I get an email asking me to rate my experience with customer service. What can I say?

@Louand heather 

Well, you can be honest in your survey. I was and I wasn't kind. 

I have also been a user of Turbotax for well over a decade and this was the first and last time that I will use the online version.

Having said that, whether I am a customer next year is dependent on my refund for the current year's fiasco (pending) as well as the outcome of my request to receive a free license key for next year's software. Having spent close to three hours on the phone with support and with a supervisor in the aftermath, my time is worth far more than that. If they can't or won't recognize that, then I will say sayonara and I'll be happy to share my experience far and wide.

It seems that sometimes these companies fail to see the forest for the trees. They're prepared to sacrifice long-term relationships to save a couple of bucks, not recognizing the potentially far-reaching implications of those decisions...particularly in this age of social media.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with our phone support team was less than optimal. We have sent a call-back request for you- concerning your refund.

Hello,

I would like to re-open my Case [phone number removed] because Turbo Tax did not work as expected for the Farm Income form T2040.  Could you add a rule that form T2040 will accept a Land Legal Description for the farm address?   

I know that I'm not the only Land owner that uses Turbo tax.  I can send you more information, but the issue should be well documented in my above case.    

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
DJK 

Could you contact our phone support so that they can verify your case and enter more documentation?