Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

unemployment tax credit

Hi

I haven't received the credit for the $10,200 unemployment credit. It was announced after I filed. One of the tax experts told me I need to check my IRS "record of account" to see if any adjustments were made. (They were not) He said if they weren't that I would need to amend my return. A second expert then told me not to do anything and keep waiting. This person sent a link to a news article that said the IRS would be sending out more refunds but it was from July and the date has long passed.

Should I amend my return? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Akil C
Expert Alumni

unemployment tax credit

Hi Peanuto2001!

Thanks for your question! The IRS specifically requested that taxpayers NOT amend their return solely for the unemployment income exclusion.  They have been running behind in issuing the refund checks. 

Here's an excellent article for people who are still waiting for their unemployment tax refund.  Check it out and please let me know if you have any further questions I can help you with.

Thanks, 

Akil C. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

unemployment tax credit

Same here and yes I have read and watched videos on the answer by the IRS about not filing an amended return and they are running behind. Really? 6 months now? I have accessed my account and viewed every entry for their notes on my return and nothing in regards to me even eligible to get a refund. So why can't Turbo Tax get answers for us? We paid you to file the return. .

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies