Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

Same here, been using this software for years.  This time I requested a refund.   What a waste of people's money and time.   It's essentially a very easy fix programming wise, that Turbo Tax is trying to pass the responsibility off to the IRS stating it's the forms.  What's wrong is that the file is trying to submit to the IRS and state the worksheets and other items that are used to calculate your taxes but aren't official tax forms. All TT has to do is change the programming so that the file only submit the required official forms only.  Don't expect the user to go through and delete forms, because often people have no idea what to delete and what to keep in.  I'm an actual accountant and as soon as I took a look at what the file was trying to submit to the IRS agency it wasn't hard to figure out what the problem was.  Since TT is being slow or refusing to fix this issue in a timely manner (they've been aware of this issue from other posters for a few weeks now!) I took all my information over to Tax Act and filed there with no issues.  This was my last year buying Turbo Tax!

please explain specifically what you mean by one letter in schedule c

JulieS
Expert Alumni

This is a known issue in TurboTax and we are working to resolve it as soon as possible. 

As soon as we have a resolution for you, it'll be shared on Community. 

[Edited 1/29/2024 2:35 PM PST]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I Checked each of my forms on the page:

https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

and they all came back as 'ready for e-file'. it's the 29th. Never had the app tell me before that I have to file by mail. 

I have a 1040, sched 1, 2, C, D, SE, 8949, 8812, 8995, and an 'Additional Information From 2023 Federal Tax Return' related to 1099-B. 

If the issue is not resolve by the 31st. Does anyone know how I can request a refund if I bought the software through Amazon.  Thanks!

Getting "This return has forms that cannot be e-filed." Same forms as previous years. It is now 1/29 so e-files should work. Forms shown in return are:  FORM 1040, 1099-R, 1099-SA, SCHEDULE A, SCHEDULE B, 1099-INT, SCHEDULE C, SCHEDULE E, FORM 2106, FORM 6251, FORM 8853, FORM 8889-T, FORM 8889-S, FORM 8936

@rmladden wrote:

Getting "This return has forms that cannot be e-filed." Same forms as previous years. It is now 1/29 so e-files should work. Forms shown in return are:  FORM 1040, 1099-R, 1099-SA, SCHEDULE A, SCHEDULE B, 1099-INT, SCHEDULE C, SCHEDULE E, FORM 2106, FORM 6251, FORM 8853, FORM 8889-T, FORM 8889-S, FORM 8936

The IRS Form 8936 Clean Vehicle Credit for tax year 2023 has not been finalized in TurboTax.

The form is scheduled to be available on 02/21/2024.

Go to this TurboTax website for forms availability - https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

Deleted Form 8936 (don't know why it was there) but still being rejected.

@rmladden wrote:

Deleted Form 8936 (don't know why it was there) but still being rejected.

The Schedule C is preventing the e-filing of the tax return.  This is a known problem.  The TurboTax programmers are working on a fix for the software.  There is not a definite date when the software update will be available.

i have the same message about e-filling. Today is the 29Th and still cant e-file. Very frustrated.

I have the same issue and it is 1/29/2024 and it says I have certain forms that can not be e-filed. What is going on. I have a simple personal return and a easy business return for driving Uber. I'm an accountant and have been using TT for 15 years. What gives?  I don't want to mail it in if I can e-file soon. Is this an internal TT problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I’m done with this garbage company. 

Has anyone used HRBlock and will it import my 2023 Turbo Tax file or do I have to do the taxes all over again?

billln
Returning Member

Maybe not, I have no 1099 and still get the message. I tried last week and failed, so waited until 1/29 as advised, no luck, still cannot efile. This sucks.

I deleted Schedule C since I do not have a business. It was blank anyway and may have been dragged in by needing Schedule E. I was able to e-file. Thanks.

But Schedule C? Really?! That is so common that many, many will not be able to e-file.

Me too!  Got the "1 issue" but no explanation of the issue or the offending form. 

I'll hang tight for a few days but i hate the thought of using snail male and the manual input process at the IRS.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies