Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

People are not getting the stimulus because of a amended return?

What the hell is going on? My tax return was very simple and the IRS has made a dam mess out of a simple return, and a small amended return that turbo tax filled out with me, also they told me to put that I owed them money, when clearly I did not! He said it would make it go through faster I think all it did was screw my return up more and it’s turbo taxes fault! Now I haven’t gotten my 3 months back child tax credit of $250 for any months yet! And no one has answers!!?? Do you care? Do you have an answer? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
conniem123
Employee Tax Expert

Hello Helpmejackie

I'm so sorry you are having a bad experience.  I understand you filed an amended return, which unfortunately the IRS is currently several months behind in processing.  The "normal" (pre-COVID) quoted timeframe for an amended return to be processed was 16 weeks. Now, due to staffing shortages, I would add a few months to that timeframe at a minimum. 

You can check the status of your amended return on the IRS site.

https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

You may request a tax transcript that would reflect if the IRS has made changes to your filed tax return. There are different types of transcripts, I recommend the Record of Account Transcript.
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

You may contact TurboTax customer support for more specifics on your tax return, 800-446-8848.

Also, the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service is a great resource for you, as this is affecting the timely receipt of the 2021 advance child tax credit.

https://www.irs.gov/taxpayer-advocate

I hope this information is helpful!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Akil C
Expert Alumni

Hi Jackie!

I understand your frustration. And yes, we do care even though we don't know all the details of what the IRS agent and the TurboTax agent, you previously talked to, said to you. We understand how financially and emotionally difficult the times are. Millions of taxpayers are waiting for delayed refunds from both federal and state government agencies due to the pandemic. 

While we can't do anything about the payments you missed already, you may be able to update your child tax credit information at the Child Tax Credit Update Portal and receive larger amounts of the advance payments over a shorter period of time, if eligible.  

We know that it's very difficult to reach the IRS right now, so we recommend making an appointment with your local Taxpayer Assistance Center.  In the absolute worse case scenario, you will still receive 100% of the child tax credit when you file your 2021 tax return.  I know that's not the ideal solution, but at least you won't lose anything. 

Please reach out if we can assist you with anything else. Thanks! Akil C. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies