Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ajoy891

I just finished filing my taxes and immediately received a scam text from an account pretending to be TurboTax, is this normal?

As soon as I submitted my taxes for filing, I received a text message from a number 885483 stating, "CRITICAL NOTICE: Your TurboTax account may be at risk. Please log into your account for details. https://turbotax.com/customer-alert/security-risk";. This is very concerning to me as far as data privacy goes, is this something I should report to local law enforcement or the BBB? Obviously not clicking the link, but is my information secure?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I just finished filing my taxes and immediately received a scam text from an account pretending to be TurboTax, is this normal?

You should check the page that the link goes to, without the quote at the end. It is a legit TurboTax URL.

Did you log into your account?

IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

Although the wording is somewhat alarming, it appears that this message did actually come from TurboTax.  It is possibly  generated because you started a new account this year, or maybe have multiple accounts with TurboTax. You can check your status by logging in to your account the way you normally do, not by following a link. 

If you would like to check this further, you can go to the Intuit Security Center and report this text. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies