Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

n888888

I filed an EXTENSION via TurboTax Easy Tax Extension. I believe I PAID the amount owed, but received no record or confirmation of payment. How can I confirm it worked?

I filed an EXTENSION via TurboTax Easy Tax Extension. I believe I PAID the amount owed, but received no record or confirmation of payment. How can I confirm it worked?  When I go back to try to check, it just says "you already filed an extension," and tells me to be sure I make payment --- suggesting the payment did NOT go through.  But the copy of the form says it does include payment.  The money has not left my bank account, but perhaps it hasn't gone through yet.  I don't want to get penalized.  I would like someone to just confirm whether I did the process correctly --- or do you actually have to go submit payment ENTIRELY SEPARATELY through the IRS website, even if you go through the extension process on turbotax?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
HollyP
Employee Tax Expert

I filed an EXTENSION via TurboTax Easy Tax Extension. I believe I PAID the amount owed, but received no record or confirmation of payment. How can I confirm it worked?

Yes. You can make a payment through Easy Extension, and you do not have to go the IRS separately unless your extension is rejected or your opted not to make a payment. 

First, confirm that you made the payment by printing off your Extension Form 4868. Follow these instructions, then check out what you entered on Line 7: How do I print my 4868 extension form after e-filing it through TurboTax Easy Extension?

If you didn't make a payment with the extension request, or your extension gets rejected for the wrong AGI, you can pay your taxes via direct debit at IRS Direct Pay (it's free). Please see: Can I pay my taxes in TurboTax Easy Extension?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
n888888

HollyP,

I received a completed Form 4868 from Turbotax.  Line 7 shows the amount I owed ($8302) and that I believe I paid.  Does that mean I did, in fact, submit the payment through Turbotax?  (I am not asking whether the IRS accepted the payment --- only whether that means I did the correct thing on Turbotax.)  I have received no other confirmation and the money has not left my bank account (but it could still be processing).

Thank you for your help!

Nate

Tina12345
Returning Member

I am in the same situation as Nate.  Form 4868 line 7 just says amount you are paying.  Does that mean I paid?  I don't see a pending transaction from my bank account.  I need to know so I can pay directly or not.  I am not going to submit a double payment.  Please help.

Tina12345
Returning Member

Can anyone help us?  The customer service line at intuit just put us on hold for 30 minutes and then hung up on us.    Intuit please help.

Does anyone from the previous year know if this worked? I ran into the same issue, no way to confirm if the payment information went through from Turbo Tax. I know I typed it all in. But no confirmation that payment was or is being made.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If the extension went through successfully, then your payment for your taxes was successful. You would need to contact the state or federal tax office for verification they received it. @pras_srini

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Wolfboy45

I need help filing an easy Turbo Tax Extension

I filed the extension using Turbo tax couple of days back. The amount I owe is not yet deducted from my bank account. Now i am confused. 
How long does it take to get it deducted form my account?

Or should I go and pay online?

I don't to double pay.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Please click here and follow the steps to file an extension. Then you can go to the TurboTax Check Your E-File Status website for the status of the e-filed extension. If the extension was received and accepted, there will be date/time stamps when it was received and accepted. 

@Wolfboy45

The amount was withdrawn from my account. I didn't have to do anything.

Took roughly 2 to 3 working days

I have the same question and problem.  I used TurboTax online Easy Tax Extension and made a payment using my bank account information.  I entered bank routing and account information, etc. so I believe I made a payment.   I received an email from TurboTax that my extension was accepted, yet the amount I paid still has not cleared my bank account.  I did not receive any confirmation of my payment, just the Easy Extension was approved.  I also do not want to double pay.  TurboTax needs to do a better job in confirming the payments as well.  If you pay directly on the IRS.gov website, they provide a confirmation #

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies