Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gammell65

How do you get the Turbo Tax updates? I tried to submit my taxes and it said that I couldn't submit my state form until I get the latest update. Where do I find it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

How do you get the Turbo Tax updates? I tried to submit my taxes and it said that I couldn't submit my state form until I get the latest update. Where do I find it?

• If you are using the TurboTax CD/Download software program, open TurboTax and select "Check for Updates" from the Online menu near the top.
  • If you are using the online version, it's an automatic update when you sign in and out. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gammell65

I am using the downloaded software program.  I don't see 'Check for Updates' near the top.

@gammell65 wrote:

I am using the downloaded software program.  I don't see 'Check for Updates' near the top.

If you are using the TurboTax software on a Windows based PC, click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen.  Click on Check for Updates.

If you are using the TurboTax software on a Mac computer updates are loaded when you start the TurboTax program if they are available and you have an internet connection.

gammell65

We have a Mac and it doesn't update when I open Turbo Tax.  I also have to click on 'open another return' because it doesn't automatically open our return.

Do I have to go online to Intuit/Turbo Tax to get updates or should it be in the download program?

PattiF
Expert Alumni

Here is where the updates is located in the pull down menu under Online:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@gammell65 wrote:

We have a Mac and it doesn't update when I open Turbo Tax.  I also have to click on 'open another return' because it doesn't automatically open our return.

Do I have to go online to Intuit/Turbo Tax to get updates or should it be in the download program?

TurboTax for Mac automatically adds the current tax form updates whenever you select Check for Updates from the TurboTax menu.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for updating the software on a Mac - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/troubleshoot-turbotax-for-mac-updating-issues/01/255...

RR66

Missouri Individual Form MO-NRI   "Ready Soon"

Illinois Individual Schedule CR  "Ready Soon"

Missouri Individual Qualified INs Prem Worksheet..."Ready Soon" 

Ill Individual Schedule CR......"Ready Soon"

Ill Individual Schedule CR pg3..."Ready Soon"

W H E N ???????

I paid over 80 dollars and have nothing!  Holding me hostage why????

@RR66 wrote:

Missouri Individual Form MO-NRI   "Ready Soon"

Illinois Individual Schedule CR  "Ready Soon"

Missouri Individual Qualified INs Prem Worksheet..."Ready Soon" 

Ill Individual Schedule CR......"Ready Soon"

Ill Individual Schedule CR pg3..."Ready Soon"

W H E N ???????

I paid over 80 dollars and have nothing!  Holding me hostage why????

Schedule CR, Credit for Tax Paid to Other States for tax year 2021 is estimated to be finalized and available in TurboTax on 02/17/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for Illinois state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_il_online_individual.html

Form MO-NRI, Missouri Income Percentage for tax year 2021 is estimated to be finalized and available in TurboTax on 02/10/2022

Qualified Health Insurance Premium for tax year 2021 is estimated to be finalized and available in TurboTax on 02/10/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for Missouri state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_mo_online_individual.html

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies