Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I go back to enter my AGI for 2020 in my 2021 return? I was asked the number in the beginning of the process, but did not have the information.

At the beginning, I did not have the information, now I have it.  I don't want my electronic filing to be rejected due to missing AGI.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I go back to enter my AGI for 2020 in my 2021 return? I was asked the number in the beginning of the process, but did not have the information.

I accidentally entered "AGI for 2021"  I should have entered "AGI for 2020".

The correct answer is to go all the way through the filing process until I reach the part where I am ready to e-file.  At that point I will be asked to input my previous year's AGI value.  Unfortunately, this tidbit of information is not available in the online help file.  I had to call turbotax support to get the answer.

Thanks to those who offered suggestions

View solution in original post

9 Replies

You said "enter my AGI for 2021 (sic) in my 2021 return".

I will assume that  first "2021" was a typo.   You need your 2020 AGI to verify your 2021 efile.

When you log in to TurboTax, does it think you were finished so your current 2021 return interview is closed?

If so, here's how to open your return back up:

• Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2021, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (that doesn't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)
  • Once you are back in the interview, you may wish to go through the REVIEW section to be sure all is still in order.
  • Then go to the FILE section to walk through the filing steps, one of which will ask you about the 2020 AGI.

ee-ea
Level 15

From upper left, on the menu,

select View / Step by Step

then Select Federal Taxes tab

then select Wages & Income below it

Then select either :Walk me through everything" button or "I'll choose what I work on" button.

Good luck!

Regards,

@ee-ea Perhaps you misread my original inquiry.  I don't see an option to edit it so that I can correct it.  I accidentally mistyped my original inquiry.

I know my 2020 AGI value.  I just can't find where to input this information into my 2021 filing.

I accidentally entered "AGI for 2021"  I should have entered "AGI for 2020".

The correct answer is to go all the way through the filing process until I reach the part where I am ready to e-file.  At that point I will be asked to input my previous year's AGI value.  Unfortunately, this tidbit of information is not available in the online help file.  I had to call turbotax support to get the answer.

Thanks to those who offered suggestions

ee-ea
Level 15

i need my AGI from2020.please

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

There are a few places you can get your prior-year adjusted gross income (AGI).  Refer to the following Help Article for more information:  How do I find last year’s AGI?

**Although the Help Article refers to tax year 2021, it is also relevant for helping you find your 2020 AGI**

@Diane Dailey 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@Diane Dailey 

Why do you think you need your 2020 AGI?   You needed it last year in order to e-file 2021, but you cannot e-file 2021 now, so your 2020 AGI is irrelevant for e-filing.  The only way to file a 2021 return is by mail.   Or are you trying to do something else?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies