Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I add a form in Windows Turbotax Deluxe 2022?

...and why is it so hard to find in the application?

I switch to Forms mode and I see the list of Forms in My Return. It does not include a 1098-E. I click Open Form and search "1098-E",m but nothing comes up. Same if I search for "1098E", "1908e" or other variations because, just like the last list, this only includes the forms that are already in my return. There is no button for Adding a Form so I can add a 1098-E.

Also, I cannot find anywhere else where I can add a new form. How do I do that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

You want to add student loan interest? 

Enter the interest you paid for your student loan by going to Federal>Deductions and Credits>Education>Student Loan Interest Paid in 2022 (Form 1098E)

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

What about my other forms? I want to "add a form". I just used 1098-E as an example form.

You are using desktop software.   It is really pretty easy to navigate.   Go to the section you want --like Deductions and Credits-- and choose "Walk me through everything" or "I'll choose what I work on" and you will get a whole screen of possibilities.   

Or...is there a certain form or schedule you want to work on?   If you tell us, we can help you find it.  Or you can use the "Search topic " tool to help you.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Yes, I'm looking for several certain forms. For example 1098-E, 1095-A, etc. I want to add the forms, and THEN (maybe) walk through the lengthy and difficult to understand Step-by-Step. All I want is instructions to add a form. I'm baffled by 1) How to do that, and 2) Why it's so difficult and time consuming to figure out. We used to be able to do it in Turbotax (years ago?) by clicking... you know... "Add a form" in the same box that has "Forms in My Return". But that 2 people have answered me now with different answers than what I explicitly asked for tells me that this easy-to-understand question and easy-to-do procedure is, maybe, hidden deep in the software. How do I add a form? That's the question. I can't be any clearer about what I want to do. I'm sorry if this seems rude, but that's the clearest I can say it.

Using search topic for form names does not help. The "Help Center" merely gives me "Government Instructions" or takes me to this website where I also cannot find the answer, but have posted this question, which is so foreign to this software that people don't even understand what I'm asking. I'm not asking to add specific forms. I'm asking to learn how to use the software, to add a form, so that I can do it all by myself, over and over again, without having to ask you for each different form I want to add.

Again, sorry if this is rude, but I am trying to make this clear so I get help.

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Here’s how to add a form that you are currently not using:

1. Type Forms in the top right corner
  2. Tap Open Form at the top of the left column
  3. When the Open Form box appears, type a form name or description. For example, there is no Form 1098-E in TurboTax. However, if you type “student loan” you will see “Student Loan Interest Deduction Wks”
  4. Highlight the form
  5. Tap Open Form at the bottom of the box
  6. When you are done, tap Step-by-Step where Forms used to be to return to the interview mode

Note: Any forms without data will disappear once you switch back to Step-by-Step so make any entry in the form to activate it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mtatusov

This still does not explain how to add a form that TurboTax Does not have.  I for instance have to add documentation regarding student loan discharge which is not a form on TurboTax. Is there an option to add documentation to a return prior to e-file?

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Not for your situation. 

@mtatusov 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies