Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I selected payment plan option for my federal taxes and still haven’t heard from turbo tax on how that’s going or the IRS. Do I keep waiting or do I need to take action?

First time doing my taxes by myself. I did an initial payment for my federal then selected request payment plan on turbo tax. I haven’t heard anything and I’m worried about late payment fees. Does it just take a while before they get back to me on the payment plan? Was I supposed to request the payment plan on the irs website? TurboTax put in the request though I thought when I selected payment plan. What do I do?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I selected payment plan option for my federal taxes and still haven’t heard from turbo tax on how that’s going or the IRS. Do I keep waiting or do I need to take action?

If you requested an IRS Payment Plan when in the File section of the program for the federal taxes owed, when you e-filed your return the request was sent with the return.

In normal years it will take the IRS about 30 days after receiving the payment plan request to mail you the payment information to the address on your tax return.

IRS will contact you probably in June

late payment penalties and interest apply to payment plans. any payment after 4/15 is subject to these so the quicker you pay the lesser the penalties and interest. What setting up the payment plan does do is reduce the penalties from .5% per month to .25% which also reduces the interest on the unpaid balance. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies