Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Event_Horizon
Returning Member

I filed for a federal and state extension this year. I walked through the steps after inputting all my data into Turbo tax 2023 deluxe, opened it up today and its blank

I would like to know why my "continue with your return" is showing I owe nothing to Fed or State, where as before it showed I owed that amount.   Is it because I filed an extension and mailed those in, along with the amount due?  When I load the resumed return, I see all of the forms have data, yet the amount due shows zero now.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

I filed for a federal and state extension this year. I walked through the steps after inputting all my data into Turbo tax 2023 deluxe, opened it up today and its blank

Did you pay the taxes owed with the federal and state tax return extensions?

Probably.    The extension payment should be on 1040 line 31 which comes from schedule 3 line 10.  See if it's there.

Event_Horizon
Returning Member

I did I mailed in the checks to both fed and state with the extension paper work on tax day.  Both checks have been cashed.

Event_Horizon
Returning Member

I see that, so does that mean I can file them as is, with the balance at the top showing 0 and 0 (fed and CA).

Yes.  

Event_Horizon
Returning Member

Interesting, so how does Turbo Tax know I actually paid it, or does it just assume I had?  And thank you for this information makes me feel better.

It assumes you paid it.  If you didn't pay it you would need to delete it and zero it out.  

Event_Horizon
Returning Member

Ah ok, excellent.  Mystery solved.  Thank you so much!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies