Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am trying to e-file for 2020 for the first time. I get the IND-031-04 message (wrong AGI or 2019 PIN), so it must be AGI. However, AGI was correct. What can I do?

I have paper-filed using TT for 10 years. The IRS has not come back to me saying that my AGI (or anything else) on the 2019 return was altered or incorrect, yet my 2020 e-filing has been rejected.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am trying to e-file for 2020 for the first time. I get the IND-031-04 message (wrong AGI or 2019 PIN), so it must be AGI. However, AGI was correct. What can I do?

Did you file the 2019 return late in the year, or was there an unusual delay in processing your paper 2019 return due to the Pandemic?  And if so, did the IRS not finish processing your 2019 return prior to November 2020?    In that case one can try using a 2019 AGI of 0 (zero.)

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Did you file the 2019 return late in the year, or was there an unusual delay in processing your paper 2019 return due to the Pandemic?  And if so, did the IRS not finish processing your 2019 return prior to November 2020?    In that case one can try using a 2019 AGI of 0 (zero.)

Yes, it was late in the year.  Even before I try putting in 0, though, I thank you for your speed and practical thinking.

Bingo! That was the issue.  Return accepted. Thanks.

@JackK1 wrote:

Bingo! That was the issue.  Return accepted. Thanks.

Great news!  I'm glad it worked for you.  You're welcome.

d406833

AGI entered are correct on my  2019 tax return from line 8b. I don't remember my password.

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

If you are referring to the PIN, continue to read:

To see how you can obtain one, click here: How to get one?

To follow steps to enter the IP PIN in the program, click here: IP PIN

An Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) is a 6-digit number that the IRS gives taxpayers who were victims of tax-related identity theft.  The IP PIN validates a Social Security number's true owner and prevents future tax fraud. Most taxpayers don't need one.  For more information, click here: What is IP PIN

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies