Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Everytime I efile my taxes, it gets rejected saying its because of incorrect birthday but I would go over my birthday numerous times on my state ID and it’s correct. Why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Everytime I efile my taxes, it gets rejected saying its because of incorrect birthday but I would go over my birthday numerous times on my state ID and it’s correct. Why?

If the birthdate on your return doesn't match the date on government records, your taxes will be rejected. It's possible the IRS may have an incorrect birthdate on file for you or others listed on the return, but the answer might also be as simple as a number that was incorrectly entered as you were completing your return.

Check the birthdates of all names on the return.  Go to the MY Info Section of the return to check and re-enter the birthdates.  Simply re-entering might correct the issue.

When you log into TurboTax, My Info will be listed in the banner on the left margin.  Check all birthdates in there.

If that does not help, try clearing your cookies.

Your browser stores recently visited webpages as temporary files in a cache, which enables the pages to load more quickly when revisited.

However, a full or corrupted cache can cause problems in TurboTax, so sometimes you need to clear your cache (that is, remove these temporary files).

Here are the official instructions for the most popular browsers:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies