Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hawaiiltt

E-fileing while in China

Is the following still true, even in China? "You can file a tax return using TurboTax from anywhere in the world where you have an internet connection." 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

E-fileing while in China

Yes,  To e-file a tax return you only need an internet connection.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

E-fileing while in China

. . . However, you didn't say what version of TurboTax you would be using. If you are using any version of TurboTax Online other than Free Edition, you have to pay the TurboTax fees before you can e-file. You also have to pay a fee in order to e-file a state tax return (except NY) with the CD/Download TurboTax software. In order to pay the TurboTax fees you have to have a U.S. credit card with a U.S. billing address, or be able to have the fees taken out of your federal refund. Having the TurboTax fees taken out of your federal refund requires a U.S. address and a U.S. bank account, and there is an additional fee.

What forms of payment does TurboTax Online accept?

hawaiiltt

E-fileing while in China

I'll be using TT2024 deluxe (paid copy).  Just wanted to find out if I could use the problem on my PC in China including e-filing over the internet there.  Thanks

hawaiiltt

E-fileing while in China

program (typo error)

E-fileing while in China

@hawaiiltt wrote:

I'll be using TT2024 deluxe (paid copy).  Just wanted to find out if I could use the problem on my PC in China including e-filing over the internet there.  Thanks

You can e-file your 2023 tax returns using the TurboTax program from anywhere in the world if you have an internet connection so the return can be e-filed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies