Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099-R

2020 first yr retired as public safety officer and collected disability pension income.  Box 5 has an amount and TurboTax asks confusing quesions about it being a rollover, etc.  I used time on books as contributions to 401/457 maximums, and left over money was paid to me, shown on separate W-2.  Plan Administrator did deduct my medical premiums from disability income throughout the year.  I didn't rollover or convert any money.  When it asks about "periodic payments" is this referring to my pension income or 401/457 plan?  Thanks in advance for your help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

1099-R

The periodic payment question is in regards to the 1099-R distribution you are currently entering. If I understood correctly, your are entering your pension income and therefore the question applies to your pension income.

TurboTax will ask follow-up questions for each 1099-R you are entering.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

1099-R

You are correct about the pension.  However, the amount in Box 5 is not indicative of my 10 months of pension insurance payments employer deducted on my behalf.  Further, Box 1 - my pension distribution, is $4,930.15 more than the total pension money I actually received in 2020.  Why?  Thanks again!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies