Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dolphin83

1040-ES payment

This is the first year I've had to estimate my own taxes, so I printed off the 4 payment vouchers after filing my 2023 return through TurboTax. Sent the first of them in with a check, but then about a week later I saw an ACH Withdrawal of the exact same amount as the check I wrote. As of this writing, the check has never been cashed.

Is the check also going to get cashed even though I was automatically charged via direct deposit somehow? Should I cancel the check? What is going to happen when the time comes for Voucher #2 in a couple months?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

1040-ES payment

That should be ok.  They turned your check into a ACH withdrawal.  I looked at my checking acct again and clicked on the check # and it said it couldn't display it.  Probably because they did it as a ACH.  I'm surprised it even showed the check #.   Check your bank account again and see if the check # is also shown on it.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

1040-ES payment

Well mine shows the both the check # 6620 and ACH on the same debit in my checking account. 

1040ES ACH pymt.jpg  

1040-ES payment

That should be ok.  They turned your check into a ACH withdrawal.  I looked at my checking acct again and clicked on the check # and it said it couldn't display it.  Probably because they did it as a ACH.  I'm surprised it even showed the check #.   Check your bank account again and see if the check # is also shown on it.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies