Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax law changes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Today the President signed the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 into law, which includes new tax provisions, extensions, and expansions of tax benefits related to energy efficiency and healthcare. Here are some resources to help you understand the pro... read more
Community Manager ‎Posted August 10, 2022
this information was news to me, but it did prevent me from e-filing according to tubotax. I've been searching for clarification and am empty-handed respectfully. the edition is premium but I can't seem to locate the option to tag my post as such.
lettyorleti ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by VolvoGirl
Can you claim expenses in plasma donations? Such as gas, time, food, etc…
Mgarcia830 ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by Bsch4477
I received advance payments of the ACA Premium Tax Credit in 2023, but the amount advanced exceeds the amount I can actually take. Repayment of the excess credit is triggering an underpayment penalty (otherwise I would not have a penalty). Can I requ... read more
amcnaughton ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by MonikaK1
I have only 1 foreign bank account having a balance of less than $1000. I read on this forum that FBAR is required only of foreign account(s) have a total of over $10000.But I see the form 1040 has this section:Q1) So here do I say Yes or No ?If I sa... read more
shaleensomani ‎Posted 4 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by DaveF1006
I receive a 1099-NEC every year from a company for book royalties. The company pays me monthly via Paypal. What should I do next year when I receive a 1099-NEC from the company and a 1099-K from Paypal for the same amount? I'm sure there will be many... read more
Booksandtea2 ‎Posted 4 weeks ago | Latest post 4 weeks ago by JamesG1
Sold a Foreign property (second home) and need help with some tax filing questions. * Can a capital loss in foreign tax filing ( india) reflected in US tax return?? I assume NO.. Even though, it was reported as capital loss in the foreign tax return,... read more
lovely_bala ‎Posted September 28, 2022 | Latest post April 2, 2024 by DaveF1006
I am Married but have been separated from my husband for over 10 years, and have filing single for the years we were apart. My Husband and I are back together and I'm considering file Married jointly this year, even though, I've been filing single an... read more
bmrhopsi ‎Posted March 29, 2024 | Latest post April 1, 2024 by bmrhopsi
My 2021 Arkansas Individual Income Tax Return has been reviewed by an Arkansas State auditor, and I was required to file an amended Arkansas Return to include our total IRA RMD's as income on Lines 18a and 18b of Form AR2 and the IRA QCD's on Line 13... read more
H---S ‎Posted September 29, 2022 | Latest post April 1, 2024 by wadeblakey
I purchased energy efficient solar panels from Sunrun company. They also installed the solar panels for my home. I am paying month payments for the cost. What would be the deduction amount I can claim for 2023 tax return?
samahler ‎Posted March 30, 2024 | Latest post March 30, 2024 by DoninGA
I received a final K-1 with the note at the bottom of this post. The partnership sold assets, made distributions and dissolved at the end of 2023 so this was not done via a sale. I am not seeing any location to make these adjustments. How does Turbot... read more
Staci87 ‎Posted March 25, 2024 | Latest post March 27, 2024 by PatriciaV
We received our Final K-1 for a limited partnership that we had invested money in. When entering the information into TurboTax, I selected "This partnership ended in 2021." The next page asks:Choose how you disposed of this partnership/LLC. Do I choo... read more
mellynlee1 ‎Posted September 28, 2022 | Latest post March 24, 2024 by PatriciaV
have always used TurboTax for my taxes, but this year it has caused me an up-to 120 day delay in receiving my federal tax refund. Here was the issue. I did my taxes (in TurboTax) in early February, and as a result of getting a nice, needed refund, I ... read more
keithkrueger ‎Posted March 24, 2024
While working on 2023 return I noticed that in summaries and recaps throughout the app, it shows my 2022 AGI as $165,000 when it was actually 105,000. It shows the other related figures (tax liability, Tax rate, etc) all incorrect, reflecting the dra... read more
MGBear ‎Posted March 16, 2024 | Latest post March 16, 2024 by xmasbaby0
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies