Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

paul-hoyt49
Returning Member

I am a lifetime Illinois resident. I am trying to efile a non-resident Oklahoma return along with my Federal and Illinois returns. Oklahoma appears to have a glitch.

I receive a small amount of mineral royalties from mineral rights that I have in Oklahoma.  As a lifetime Illinois resident, I am trying to file the Oklahoma non-resident return for these mineral royalties.  The Oklahoma form 561NR asks for information from my Edward Jones account, and the answers that they give me to select from all pertain to property that is exclusively in Oklahoma.  I receive a message that states, "Oklahoma gain or loss line should be entered since the exclude box is not checked".  I have checked the exclude box!  Another message asks for Oklahoma location.  Another message asks for type of property sold with all choices only being Oklahoma property.  I have tried to delete the form 561NR to no avail.  I see now that I made a blundering error for a $24 Oklahoma tax refund, especially since the state program cost $45 and I am now prevented from e-filing Fed, Illinois and Oklahoma until this is fixed.  I apologize for sounding snippy.  I'm on my second day of fooling around with this.  Thanks to anyone for any help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

I am a lifetime Illinois resident. I am trying to efile a non-resident Oklahoma return along with my Federal and Illinois returns. Oklahoma appears to have a glitch.

If you are using Turbo Tax Online, go to the state taxes tab and remove the Oklahoma State NR return by selecting the trashcan icon next to it.

If using desktop, select file in the top black stripe and then select remove state return to remove your Oklahoma NR return.

Let us know if this helps or not.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
paul-hoyt49
Returning Member

I posted this in an e-mail reply and I don't know if it will be seen here.  Maybe it will help someone else:

Dave, thank you for trying to help!

I'm using desktop, and when I go to "File", then "Remove State Return" - nothing happens.  

The problem appears to originate in the "Oklahoma Income" portion of TurboTax.  I have Capitol Gain Losses of $3000 from Edward Jones that were transferred to the state return from my Federal Income items.  Even though I insert $0 in the "Oklahoma Amount" box, it wants errors corrected on Form 561NR, which involves sales, dates and descriptions of Oklahoma property.  I've tried deleting Form 561NR, but it directs me back to it every time I go through an e-file attempt.  It appears that I will have to snail mail my Oklahoma return.
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

At this point, it may be best to mail your Oklahoma NR return to avoid any further issues.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies