Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sallyfitz123
Returning Member

I have entered my home office expenses, can see them on the page but the summary says "Not Started". Why? What do I need to do?

20 Replies

I have entered my home office expenses, can see them on the page but the summary says "Not Started". Why? What do I need to do?

We are aware of this issue and our engineer team is on it. We will update you as soon as they have resolved the issue. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

sallyfitz123
Returning Member

Hi again - any idea when this will be resolved?  I am ready to file my taxes!!!

sallyfitz123
Returning Member

Hi again - any idea when this will be resolved?  I am ready to file my taxes!!!

We appreciate your patience- we will advise you shortly. 

sallyfitz123
Returning Member

Is there any news on this?  It still says Not Started.  Does this affect the overall calculations in my return?

Thanks,

Sally 

You should be able to see them now. Please make sure that you log out of your TurboTax Online account- and log back in. Then go page by page to make sure everything is there. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

sallyfitz123
Returning Member

Perhaps I'm not being clear.  On the expenses home page it says:

Expenses

Home Office

Total Claimable for 2023                     Not Started

Amount To Carry Forward:                  $xxxx

When I drill into it, I see all my expenses and the appropriate amounts.  Why does it still say Not Started?  How does this affect my return?  Or does it?

Thanks!

Sally 

You were clear , I just needed to make sure that you had signed out and signed back in to  your online account as the update should have fixed that issue. 

sallyfitz123
Returning Member

Signed in and out several times.  Same issue.