Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Juliabcd

Where is Box 6 on Form 1099-G in Turbo Tax? TurboTax is not allowing me to enter an amount for Form 1099-G Box 6 Taxable Grants. How do I enter this?

Taxable Grant - Housing Assistance during pandemic
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Where is Box 6 on Form 1099-G in Turbo Tax? TurboTax is not allowing me to enter an amount for Form 1099-G Box 6 Taxable Grants. How do I enter this?

This is a bit tricky.  Please carefully follow these steps:

In Turbox Tax online,

• Sign back into your account, select Pick up where you left off
  • To the right upper corner, under Search, type in grant, and Enter
  • Select Jump to grant
  • Next screen, "Did you have any of these type of income? "select Yes
  • Next screen, "State and local tax refunds and other government payments" select Other Government Payment reported on 1099-G
  • Follow prompts

This amount will show on line 8 of your both of you Schedule 1 as Other Income and Form 1040.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

See this TurboTax FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/form-1099-g/help/what-if-the-boxes-on-my-1099-g-don-t-match-the-bo...

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

This does not work.

This does not work

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Enter the 1099-G from the Other Common Income section if you have taxable grants to enter.    Use the OTHER 1099-G section.   @judywalters02061965

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
BD59

Thank you so much for documenting the 1099-G process...  a shame TTAX can't figure out there is a necessity to do so on their own or at least provide help in the app itself... such a common thing shouldn't require a trip to a "support" site; nonetheless, thanks again for putting in the effort to help us not-so-savvy folks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies