turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Retirement tax questions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question

Featured Topics

Where did this come from??? I've been filikng with Turbo Tax and taking 1099R distributions for years and now I can't complete my NJ return because I have to put in a number here and it won't take a zero, I have no idea what this is and do not ever r... read more
pat_roettger ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post an hour ago by fanfare
I'm a sole proprietor. In 2021, I set up a Solo 401K and contributed to it. Because of the Solo 401K that year, the traditional IRA contribution I had already made was limited due to having a retirement plan at work. Makes sense. In 2022, I didn't co... read more
bethfly ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 2 hours ago by bethfly
we purchased ourselves an annuity, not part of any company retirement plan, what basis is this distribution?
pxr2932lagn ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post 3 hours ago by JulieS
I would think that normally the W2 would have a blank box 1 and I am not sure why on a non-taxable benefit, SS and medicare taxes would be taken out (based on $5K and not the entire $50K) unless this portion of the payments was considered taxable. No... read more
McKenna3435 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 3 hours ago by McKenna3435
rissaboo2010 ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post 3 hours ago by CatinaT1
the truck i had was bought in 2009 and it was used
dprian24 ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post 3 hours ago by CatinaT1
Every time I open my file the amount due keeps changing. Just opening and closing program with no changes made on the forms and all updates are current.
SULLA ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post 3 hours ago by CatinaT1
I used my personal credit card to pay for HSA-eligible medical expenses, since I did not have my HSA debit card with me at the time. I transferred the amount from my HSA to personal account to pay myself. I have receipts for everything, but my bank f... read more
srfrgyrl ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 4 hours ago by dmertz
Just finished up and trying to file but noticed that form 8959 is using a different W2 number than form 1040. Based on W2 income, I would expect that the .09% bump (over 250K for married jointly) would be based on that 1040 line 1. If my employer col... read more
jmaxgross ‎Posted March 11, 2024 | Latest post 4 hours ago by DMarkM1
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies