DG39
Returning Member

"What if" scenarios and year round access to Turbo Tax with projections

Will Turbo Tax ever produce a version [on-line, preferably] that allows us to maintain our tax information for the current tax year, during the current tax year, so that we can estimate the tax implication for the following April. [For example, I would love to be able to input all my tax information early on in the calendar year (starting in Jan 2021 for my taxes due, April 2022), so that I can determine if stock sales, or independent work, are going to push my over the income thresholds of things like Roth IRA eligibility, or push me into a higher tax bracket, etc.]  I realize that limits and laws may change before taxes are finally due, however, I think we can all agree that 90% of the code doesn't change drastically from year to year.  And TT would simply put in a disclaimer that this is "just an estimate, based upon blah blah blah".  I would also like to be able to save different scenarios of my taxes to show, "what if" I, sell this stock, take a withdrawal from a 401k, buy a new capital expenditure for my business, etc.  And, it would be extremely helpful if TT woud show the difference, side by side of 2 or more files, like they do when they compare "last year's" vs. "this year's" and actually show the gain or loss.

Thanks