Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Solar credit and refund delays?

Yep.  We're on day 41 of waiting.  Taxes were accepted on 13 February...  its stuck at accepted. This is the only time we've ever had a delay. I feel your pain!

I'm in the SAME BOAT and filed SAME DAY as you!  My federal and state were revoked early on due to an issue with a form that TurboTax had. Question, what number did you call to get a person at the IRS?  Our tracker is stuck on "received"...and every phone number I can find just directs me right back to the automated system.  I am going to go to my state representative in a few days and see if he can help.  I am thinking this is a TurboTax error.

@Chad1313 

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 3 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

@DoninGA 

OH MY!!!  Thank you!  I am holding for a representative as I type!  THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

I desperately need that money :( 

Let us know what they say!

Thanks to @DoninGA I finally contacted a human representing the IRS tonight. After a 48 minute phone call, he said I should expect it in 10 weeks from date of acceptance.  I'd think that needs to be highlighted on their website, but whatever.  The interesting part is the guy I was speaking to was located in Puerto Rico!  Am I the only one who thinks that is quite strange???  

I was told 10 weeks from acceptance as well! Something about an error processing my return but it seems like this is the common response for people who filed the solar credit…

Just saw on the forum how to get a person. I'm going to try to call them tomorrow.  Option  2 instead of Option 1 with the same number as the one we are using for the automated. 

Herr5
Returning Member

This is happening to us as well. You’re lucky you actually spoke with someone as everything for us has been automated. I am confused about this “error while processing” especially for those with solar credits and refunds. It’s beyond frustrating!

Exactly same situation and tax return sent around the same time. 

Having the same issue. We were accepted 2/18/24. I actually called the IRS on 3/18 because like others we have always gotten our return in less than 21 days. The only thing different this year is the solar credit. After finally reaching a person all they told me was my refund was being reviewed and to wait 60 days from filing. I asked why it was being reviewed and he simply stated "its just being reviewed" Like others we really need the money, my husband was out of work for 6 weeks and were trying to catch up on things, the refund will help.

Blfloyd82

Exact same thing we are dealing with. Our return was accepted 2/11 and still waiting on federal. Never had deal with waiting this long and it's impossible to get a hold of IRS.

If you look further up the thread someone posted exactly how to get through to a live agent. I called today with about a 30 min wait. 

I was told 10 weeks from filing date to expect a refund OR correspondence before calling back. We filed 2/13. 

Same here. When I spoke to them, they told me that it could take up to 10 weeks. Something about other year taxes, audits, etc. Nothing that applies to me, but not a lot of information  when you do talk to someone except it it still being processed and the 10 week time frame.  Really frustrating. It seems like it was that day that they decided to investigate  further.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies