Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmarpap

My instructions say to sign and date form IL-8453 one day after acceptance. This form did not print out with my paperwork. Where can I find it on turbotax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Cindy0H

My instructions say to sign and date form IL-8453 one day after acceptance. This form did not print out with my paperwork. Where can I find it on turbotax?

You will not need to find this form. If you filed with our software, this form (IL-8453) will not be needed for your Illinois return.

Form IL-8453 is for electronic return originators' (EROs) use only. Taxpayers who file Form IL-1040, Illinois Individual Income Tax Return, using the Tax-Prep Software method must not use Form IL-8453.

The Illinois Department of Revenue (IDOR) will request selected IL-8453 forms for inspection. Do not send any IL-8453 forms unless requested.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Cindy0H

You will not need to find this form. If you filed with our software, this form (IL-8453) will not be needed for your Illinois return.

Form IL-8453 is for electronic return originators' (EROs) use only. Taxpayers who file Form IL-1040, Illinois Individual Income Tax Return, using the Tax-Prep Software method must not use Form IL-8453.

The Illinois Department of Revenue (IDOR) will request selected IL-8453 forms for inspection. Do not send any IL-8453 forms unless requested.

Had the same question. If we don't need it why did it say to do it then? Sounds like a turbotax error.

esmecue

mine says the same thing and i haven’t gotten my state 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@esmecue

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ for information on how to contact your State Department of Revenue. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies