turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Cannot install Turbo Tax 2020.

Thank you, Arizona Joe. Changing the resolution worked! So wonderful to have success after hours on the phone with TurboTax and nothing but frustration. Pjmjb

Changing the resolution worked for me.  Thank you.  TT support was useless.

A correction has been made. Please uninstall the product then reinstall.  You should no longer have a problem.

A correction has been made. Please uninstall the product then reinstall.  You should no longer have a problem.

I talked to Turbo Tax support this morning, to ask them to help me gain access to my Turbo Tax premier download for 2020.  The case number [social security number removed]  The tech Yavette H.  Sent me a link and a license code to download.  I have tried downloading it multiple times, I deleted the cache and cookies, and tried a different browser. NO LUCK,  I even tried some of the fixes on the internet for the 2020 version, such as resetting the resolution on my computer.  Can someone please help me get this to download, I've been using turbo tax for almost 25 years, and I have never had a problem before.  Last year was the first year I downloaded Turbo Tax from the internet, while we were living in Italy.   I paid for the TT 2020 Premier version via an automatic annual renewal in November 2020.  PLEASE HELP!!!!   Carrie & Richard Briscoe

The tech YAVETTE H.

YCFC
Returning Member

Same here, I have been using TurboTax for many years, and never had software problems until this time. TurboTax Deluxe just doesn't install. After compatibility  troubleshooting, it tells me that there isn't enough memory (2048 MB required), although my computer has 16 GB RAM. Yes, it could be my computer's problem, so, I went to Microsoft community for help, to diagnose possible RAM issues, but I was told that everything looked fine. The downloaded .exe file ends with "[phone number removed]" (two-zero-two-zero-dot-zero-one-zero-dot-zero-one-zero-zero), some earlier posts mentioned that GOOD premier version should have "100" in the middle, "010" is BAD one, does it apply to Deluxe version as well? If yes, since I bought TurboTax CD from Amazon, how can I get a good one? Really frustrated. Please help! Thanks!

MrPhotoman2010
Returning Member

The only way I was able to install my Deluxe Version was to contact TT and demand an updated .exe file The person that helped me was David. He linked me to an updated .exe file with a new License Code. My bad file version ended in 2020.010.0101. The file that worked ended in 2020.100.0101. It has been a very frustrating experience with TT this year. Every time I post this the versions get deleted. The Bad version is 010 and the good version is 100

YCFC
Returning Member

Thanks for the reply! I will try my luck with TT customer service again...actually, I already contacted TT customer service once, and got turned away because I didn't buy the software directly from TT. The operator didn't confirm or deny that there's a bad .exe file out there, just told me to return the CD to Amazon, and buy/download it directly from TT.  And also, I already got a replacement CD from Amazon (great free return/replacement service), but it's still the same "010" version and didn't install. 

MrPhotoman2010
Returning Member

The Deluxe file that worked for me with the 100 is 196,716 KB and the file that does not work with the 010 is 186,835 KB.

Using Letters where A = 0, B = 1 and C = 2

This is the Deluxe version that worked: CACA.BAA.ABAB

TT also offered me to do my Taxes Online, but security is worrisome these days

KennyMar

email  [email address removed]

framecrash
Returning Member

I've been trying to install TT Premium for 24 hours now.  It hangs on "Preparing Installation".

I read that it could be an issue caused by Windows Update, and I just got done going through 'heck' with that, attempting a system restore, and nearly trashing the whole installation.  Considered buying a new PC when things went south, but then I'd have to buy MS Office AGAIN, etc.  That'd be about $2000 I don't want to spend.

I tried both the disk and the download - nada.  Tried changing the resolution (down from 3840x2160) - nope.

I ended up installing it on my laptop - took about 30 seconds. 

Fortunately, my desktop PC recovered from this debacle; fingers crossed that there's no residual damage.  I guess I'll do taxes on my laptop this year!

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

We are sorry to hear that you are still having issues with the download.

Please contact support: https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

Trey Wood

Solution is to use Chrome.

My steps to success were:

• delete the current download file
  • delete the .chk folders in the %temp% folder
  • Reboot
  • Using Chrome, download the file
  • Extract and load the program

I previously tried everything mentioned in these 4 pages without success. Called TT and Dan returned the call 1-1/2 hours later. He mentioned in passing that TT folks are told internally to use Chrome for TT. Tried the above and it loaded in about 30 seconds.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies