Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099R Rollover

I am entering my 1099R that I rolled over. After I put in the info, it only asks if I rolled it over into a Roth IRA or 403B (which I did not). I do not see an option to just say I rolled it over to a regular IRA. Also, after entering the 1099, it asks me to enter the distribution again. It is not taxing it, but should I be entering it again? 
This is on the screen that asks where it came from and gives 3 options (which do not apply) and the last option is "It didn't come from those work areas".

Thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

1099R Rollover

You don't need to indicate it was rolled over to a traditional IRA.   Your form has code G, so the only thing TurboTax needs to know is if it was rolled over to a Roth IRA/401K or 403B.   All other plans will generate no tax.   All you have to do there is answer NO on both of those screens.  The first is Roth 401k or 403b, both are a NO.   The 2nd screen asks about Roth IRA - also a NO.     

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

1099R Rollover

Thank you-what about that second screen that asks for distribution again? When I put in the amount, there is no tax appearing, but I want to make sure I am supposed to enter the amounts again.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

1099R Rollover

What is the second screen you are referring to? Do you have a screenshot?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies