turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Investors & landlords
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
Selling two properties this year, both qualify for the 2 in 5 year capital gains exemption, but I know I can only use the exemption on one property. My question is, can I choose which property to exempt and which property to pay capital gains?I’m wor... read more
Ash94 ‎Posted 2 hours ago | Latest post 55m ago by Mike9241
If my granddaughter put down on her return that she could not be claimed on someone else's tax return but was how can she fix it?
kennon1967 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by Mike9241
Very much have appreciated @Rick19744 and many others contributions to the K1 forum and hoped to get last minute feedback on my final K1.Received a Final K1 from a real estate partnership which sold its only asset in Dec 2023 from which I received my... read more
yayaroon ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post yesterday by Rick19744
Hello, I am very confused at how to file my taxes this year. I have owned a Duplex (with two separate addresses) since 2017. Previously, I have always lived on one side and rented out the other. In 2023 we bought a Single Family home in August and mo... read more
saalves2424 ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post yesterday by PatriciaV
When entering my K-1 and K-3 in Turbo Tax, it doesn't allow me to enter numbers for these 2 sections of the K-3 (Part III, Section 2 and Part X, Section 3). How/where do I enter them?
pambennett ‎Posted Friday | Latest post yesterday by PatriciaV
Short-term, non covered. Row 1, 1d) Proceeds $1,025.66, 1e $0, Select the cost basis is missing, adjusted cost basis $1,046.85. Gain/Loss calcs at -$21.19. Row 2, exact same as row 1, but calculates the gain/loss as $1,025.66 (which is incorrect, it ... read more
tswarts2 ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post yesterday by TomD8
I have a timeshare in Mexico. Am I required to report rental income to IRS?
Yar723 ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post Tuesday by Vanessa A
cwatson303 ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post Tuesday by Mike9241
The software thinks that the royalty 1099"s are going to a rental property. But this royalty property transferred from the prior year.
pwash ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Tuesday by PatriciaV
I ended up with a net loss of ~$34k through investments which I uploaded documentation for and I completed in detail using the wizard, yet when I go to file I need to "fix" Part III of Schedule D line 16 to enter my net loss. Turns out, the whole of ... read more
jonc5z ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post Tuesday by JulieS
Hi, I have an LLC which holds a commercial property. The property is leased to my husband, who is a sole proprietor, for his retail store. I have been having him 1099 my LLC for the rents paid. Is that correct?
bk2007 ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Monday by Vanessa A
Shouldn't TT include recapture of depreciation (which is ordinary income) as part of the QBI calculation for a publicly-traded partnership? It doesn't appear to.
HardtoKeepUp ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post Monday by PatriciaV
sararichey ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post Monday by DawnC
6c8b07a20183 ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Monday by CatinaT1
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies