Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

KED3
Level 1

Schedule C - moving business tax implications

I have moved my LLC from one state (NY) to another (NC) because I personally relocated and I am unsure I am filing taxes correctly.  I have separate EIN numbers for each and created a separate schedule C for each.  Transition happened in August when I dissolved the NY LLC and established the NC LLC.  I am filing state returns in both NC and NY.  So my questions are: 1. How do I designate it is the final return for my NY LLC?  2. Do I need to do anything regarding the assets for this transition (they are minimal as I am a photographer) as my business will still use the same stuff only now under a 'new' LLC consistent where I live?   Thx in advance.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
KristinaK
Employee Tax Expert

Schedule C - moving business tax implications

1. When you go over the questions for the NY LLC Schedule C, there will be a question about how long you've worked that business. The second choice will allow you to indicate that the business was closed (see screenshot). 

2. If you have fixed assets reported under your NY LLC, I suggest you "sell" them, and then "place them in service" under NC LLC, maintaining the same basis and prior year depreciation claimed. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies